Tapatalk to be removed

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I know that many of you access Yellow and Black via Tapatalk on your mobile devices.

Unfortunately, there have been several issues detected in the software that has seen support for the plugin removed from the Xenforo website (Xenforo is the forum software that we use on this website).

Some of the issues include:
  • User passwords being transmitted as cleartext making it easy for hackers to intercept
  • Tapatalk by-passing Xenforo's new two-step authentication protocol
  • Tapatalk e-mailing forum users directly
  • The splash screen that greets users when they access yellowandblack.com.au/community directly via a mobile browser (this can be switched off by me but I chose not to do so as I had a preference for people to use Tapatalk when browsing the site on a mobile device).
As a result, Tapatalk will no longer be available after this week. I intend to remove it from Y & B over the weekend.

Xenforo has a responsive mobile design so you will still be able to view and post on the site using your mobile device.

There are other mobile apps that can be used to access the forum (i.e. Forumrunner) however unlike Tapatalk, they are not free.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
I didn't realise there were issues with Tapatalk. Oh well.....

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
You should all rejoice....it means I will post a lot less.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Ah well and here was I just getting used to using the mobile.

Only taken me 12 months.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
You should all rejoice....it means I will post a lot less.
Ah well and here was I just getting used to using the mobile.

Only taken me 12 months.
You can still post using your mobile device. The mobile design is quite good and will be improved once I install the version 1.5 upgrade after season's end.

BigTigerCasey

Recruit
Feb 5, 2008
Use my mobile more than a desk/tablet or other larger form factor. No problems for me....e..x..c.e.pt that one thread Round 21 Tigers v Magpies where TBR was the last poster. System still thinks his last post is worth reading over and over and over...it will not acknowledge that the forum has been read!

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Use my mobile more than a desk/tablet or other larger form factor. No problems for me....e..x..c.e.pt that one thread Round 21 Tigers v Magpies where TBR was the last poster. System still thinks his last post is worth reading over and over and over...it will not acknowledge that the forum has been read!
Just keep liking it and TBR will make sure it disappears to protect his badboy unlikable image

thebigricho

Site Immortal
Apr 15, 2006
Many of my posts contain layers which need to be re read several times to be truly absorbed.