The other games 2017

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Congratulations to Dion Prestia - 2019 Jack Dyer Medal winner

Barrel

Recruit
Oct 2, 2005
Mumford and Jeremy Cameron have been ruled out for the rest of the season.

Bloody hell it's getting hard not to get ahead of myself but we seriously should be playing in a grand final in a few weeks time :eek:

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Did anyone see the little skit about GWS having not won the premiership in 6 long years?

Had to laugh

Readie9

Foundation Member
Aug 5, 2003
What a match, not exactly a skills fest, but enthralling none the less.

And a happy ending with a ground full of devastated Port supporters :D
Port Adelaide 'choke' late in the game. I wonder what Kane Cornes will write about his old side, if anything.

Barrel

Recruit
Oct 2, 2005
Cornes has already said the free kick was wrong :D

Hope Port aren't dressing up for mad monday...

Aug 8, 2007
The Weagles have 7 players 29 years or older in their current best 22.
Would luv to get them out on the wide open spaces of the G in the last qtr next week !!!

thebigricho

Site Immortal
Apr 15, 2006
If anyone has seen the down the ground footage of Deledio's opening minutes of the GWS game, the only logical conclusion you could draw is he did not want to win the game.

Could he be a plant?

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Lucky Geelong played at the MCG last week, they've remembered how to play the ground.

17Sash

Recruit
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney flat tonight.
All over by half time.
Geelong's defence spread and zoned beautifully in first quarter.
Sydney had nothing to compare.
Spooked by Dangerfield at full forward.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Sydney had to have a downer at some point. Have been playing elimination finals for some time now.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Surely that wasn't the Geelong supporters booing when Sydney were having a shot on goal? :rolleyes:

Ms Tantie

Recruit
Apr 7, 2008
Hmm. Geebung slamming Sydney, us slamming Geebung the week before.

Please tell us we really are this awesome?

RARRRRRRR!
Ms Tantie.
xox

17Sash

Recruit
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney was the in-form team of the competition.
A disappointing capitulation.
Franklin was a non-entity tonight.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Sydney moved Rohan forward, always dangerous.
In other words, Sydney had a multi-dimensional forward line, not relying on Franklin.
You're forgetting one thing Sashawunjeri...This is finals ! A place where Gary Rohan morphs into a ginger Leon Davis.

If they gave out an award for worst finals performer of the decade then Gary Rohan would win it hands down

I'm clearly Y&B's all seeing guru Sashely , so next time I give you sage advice young grasshopper , you best listen up.

Gary Rohan - 7 possessions for the entire game tonite , zero goals and 4 clangers lol.

Possibly the worst finals performer in AFL history. Might be worse than Leon Davis now ?

honestjohn

Listed Player
Nov 25, 2011
During Gee v Syd I couldn't help thinking of our 9 "elimination finals in a row" in 2014 and how we capitulated to Port in the real final and how Sydney were doing the same thing now. Deja vu? Port lost two games later.