The other games 2017

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Women AFL Men
    Sophie Molan (GWV Rebels) Laura McClelland (Eastern Ranges) Seven
    Ella Wood (GMV Rebels) Sarah Sansonetti (Northern Knights) Selections
    Holly Whitford (Melbourne University) Nekaela Butler (GWV Rebels) Available
    Cleo Saxon-Jones (Western Jets) Laura Bailey (Richmond VFLW)
    Emma Horne (Richmond VFLW) Kate Dempsey (Richmond VFLW)
    Ciara Fitzgerald (Northern Knights) Emily Harley (Oakleigh Chargers)
    Lauren Tesoriero (Richmond VFLW)
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
During Gee v Syd I couldn't help thinking of our 9 "elimination finals in a row" in 2014 and how we capitulated to Port in the real final and how Sydney were doing the same thing now. Deja vu? Port lost two games later.
Yep you cannot keep that level of performance up all year. Sooner or later you have to have a downer.

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
Geelong took a leaf out of Hawthorn's play book on how to beat the Swans.
Deny them the ball, spread as wide as you can, make them come to you.

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
During Gee v Syd I couldn't help thinking of our 9 "elimination finals in a row" in 2014 and how we capitulated to Port in the real final and how Sydney were doing the same thing now.
I agree with you Crooked John , and for that very reason I couldn't pass up the tasty odds on offer for Geelong to win.

About 10 mins prior to the start of the game I pounced on the $3.80 being offered up.....for Geelong to win by under 39.5 pts ! :cool:

:mad:

:(

Black

Site Immortal
Jul 10, 2006
Brett Deledio?

Lidsy had more kicks in the first half against Carlton in that final than Rohan has had in all his finals combined*

I reckon he'll get a few kicks tonite Lids.

If he doesn't then he should retire , coz last week he had a total of -3 meters gained.

That's just not Brett Deledio.

* Unconfirmed...I just made that up.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
No they won't be, but it's more about West Coast running out of legs.
See how they are next week at the MCG with a huge Tigers crowd.

17Sash

Recruit
Apr 9, 2014
A comprehensive victory by GWS.
Probably all for the best.
If WC had scraped into the final Richmond would probably have been overwhelming favourites.
This way we can be underdogs with no expectations and nothing to lose.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Leon Cameron is going to have to play Johnson isn't he? Will he be able to play like this again in a week?

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
He has been given a huge amount of space and we won't give him that

CrazyLikeaFox

Recruit
Jun 2, 2012
Big difference is that our team has a lot of run and carry. West Coast keep getting rebound 50s and aren't fast enough to take advantage, we are. Having said that I do think this will be a tough prelim, like prelims should be.

ceehook

Listed Player
Feb 6, 2004
I think what we have been seeing for much of the year is all sides are doing the full court press and their zones although a little different effectively achieve the same thing , what is differing from week to week is intensity and effort

Hawks having a year to forget come out super energised and ambush the Swans at the SCG , they brought the "regular" effort
Embarassed by that and playing Geelong at Kardinia they come out super hot and catch Geelong napping somewhat

Well well the next week we play Geelong down there and they were way more intense than the week before and get a win

Roll forward to the final and we brought the manic pressure and kept it going longer

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Um. Lids has now played 3 good finals out of 5.
So you rate his 15 possessions 1 goal 49 ranking points off half back?

Just an average game. Better than his previous one but well under what he is capable of

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
So you rate his 15 possessions 1 goal 49 ranking points off half back?

Just an average game. Better than his previous one but well under what he is capable of
No. I don't.
He played a stinker v Adelaide.
Was average v North.
Carlton and port were both good games from him.
So 2 out of 5 I guess.

Mr Babilla

Listed Player
Sep 14, 2007
Hope his calf is a touch tight.
Agree, not sure we can take much out of last nights match with the lack of pressure.

Stevie Johnson only started kicking goals when the game was won. I hope they play him and he can't move. I don't think he's played 2 weeks in a row for a while.
Fat cat, no threat whatsoever. If they play him. We will win by plenty.

We can give him a guard of honour after we win
We can bare our arse at him. **** him.