What's new
  • Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• Cast your Yellow Sash Award votes for the match v the Giants here
  • Yellow Sash Award Top 5 after Round 16

1. Grimes - 50.10
    2. Prestia - 48.00
    3. Vlastuin - 44.53
    4. Stack - 44.37
    5. Edwards - 42.74

View the full list here

• UPDATED!

AFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 17. View the stats totals here.

VFL Men - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 15. View the stats totals here.

VFL Women - statistics for each match are now up to date as of Round 10. View the stats totals here.

The Other Games - 2019

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Well with some of the results this weekend, our slight fall off in the 2nd and 3rd quarters will barely rate a mention in the media this week I would think. The game itself was spoken about not being of a great standard, but compared with some of the other tripe dished up, I don't think there was another game that should have been substituted as the season opener.

Hard to decide on the worst result, but for me it was Essendon. They just didn't put pressure on, and the errors were shockers.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Yes Essendon was the biggest shock for mine. Brisbane beating West Coast was just behind that.

Interesting with the scores making it the lowest scoring opening round in many many years. So the new rules didn't quite get the desired result but it is only one round.

HKTiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Mar 19, 2004
The table I saw, published on km's covered by each team, if correct, is damning on the Dons. It had every team covering > 250 km with the Blues top with 292 and us 2nd with 288 and the Dons 100 km behind 17th with only 147 km.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
HKTiger said:
The table I saw, published on km's covered by each team, if correct, is damning on the Dons. It had every team covering > 250 km with the Blues top with 292 and us 2nd with 288 and the Dons 100 km behind 17th with only 147 km.
Yes I saw that

Also footage from the Port v Melbourne game with a ball up around Port's half back flank and all the Melbourne guys move into the middle of the ruck and most of the Port guys hold their position and Port wins the ball and a handball over the top has them running away. The big thing was that not one of the Melbourne guys made an initial move to chase. They walked away.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Richmond member banned for two years for racist online comments. Should be a lifetime ban.
Richmond fans brawling in the stands as the song is playing on Thursday night.

Getting a reputation, and not a flattering one. It’s always the abolaute minority that tarnishes the majority.

Bones

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
Vines said:
Should be a lifetime ban.
No, that's excessive. I take it you're also a supporter of the death penalty (at least for Collingwood supporters).

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Bones said:
Vines said:
No, that's excessive. I take it you're also a supporter of the death penalty (at least for Collingwood supporters).
No. I’m a supporter of lifetime bans for social media racists.

Bones

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
Vines said:
Bones said:
Vines said:
No. I’m a supporter of lifetime bans for social media racists.
Is that what happened to @Black? You banned him for his KKK jokes?

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Essendon fans booing at quarter time. We’re they booing the players after a goalless first quarter?

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Ned said:
Essendon fans booing at quarter time. We’re they booing the players after a goalless first quarter?
Yes, yes they were  :D

You read majority of facebook posts they want worsfolds head

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
TigerHardwick said:
Ned said:
Yes, yes they were  :D

You read majority of facebook posts they want worsfolds head
I believe that James Hird is available.  :huh:

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Sad isn't it. Hird shouldn't be allowed close to any AFL Club

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
The umps were appalling both ways people just remember the ones close to the siren, go back to Essendon last goal when the bomber player was hanging onto the pie jumper like someone drowning and using that to stay afloat and the umps gave the free to the bomber who goaled???

There were many like that both ways and the AFL needs to act on them as harshly as they do the playerswith fines and suspensions

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Looked to me more like the umpires were trying to even the ledger late in the 4th 1/4. I agree with the Essendon fans, they were shafted most of the day.

From giving tiggy touchwood frees to Collingwood(ie the Mason Cox protection rule) to missing the bleeding obvious MacDonald TW around the neck(compare that to Pendlebury's that was paid).

And the media misinformation re booing Pendlebury, when it was clearly directed at the pathetic umpiring and deservedly so.

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Had to laugh at Kane Cornes team of the year after the Anzac round.

Not one Richmond player in the team, in which he has Shiel and Hurley. I don't watch many Essendon games, but I did watch the Anzac day game, and both were terrible.

Shiel is a turnover merchant, his deficiency highlighted by his polar opposite Pendlebury who is an elite user of the footy.

Hurley's attack on the footy is sub standard, he is no where near Grimes level. Hurley is as overrated, as Grimes is underrated.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
You would’ve thought he’d have taken notice of Grimes a bit during our win over PORT @"amigo"

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Vines said:
You would’ve thought he’d have taken notice of Grimes a bit during our win over PORT @"amigo"
He did, that’s why he didn’t include him  :D

Biggest flog going around is Kane Cornes, I’m shocked he has a media role as he has no one to get info from as not many like him and he buries himself on a weekly basis ragging on someone

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
The commentators last night were shocking. Making light of Guelfi getting injured, then carrying on about him going to checked out via taxi rather than ambulance. You are not medical professionals! If the club doctors OK'd it then it's fine.

I turned off after that, more interesting things to watch like Ash Barty and the cricket.

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
Commentary has been going backwards for a while now. Fox footy is unlistenable at times.

herky

Recruit
Aug 25, 2016
Must've been a syndicate of pies players with a margin bet on the hawks at 1 - 39

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
Someone wanted the Pies to win, note the time keepers kept the time at 1:17 to go whilst a Hawk took a shot for goal after an out on the full ball. Almost cost the Hawks the game......at least 30secs should have come off the clock!

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Someone wanted the Pies to win, note the time keepers kept the time at 1:17 to go whilst a Hawk took a shot for goal after an out on the full ball. Almost cost the Hawks the game......at least 30secs should have come off the clock!
It was correct to stop the clock as the free kick resulted from an out on the full.

4CE25F8C-805E-48A6-BC99-D5F43FD68687.jpeg