Tiger Trade Talk

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Its being reported if the Blues miss out on Coniglio they will instead go hard for Brandon Ellis and Jack Martin.
Being a restricted free agent it would depend on the sum they offer him but I doubt we would match it and the higher the offer the better the compo we will get for him.

Blues are also wanting a small forward bad and Dan Butler is one on their list.

Houli was just given 1 year extension.
Bolton yet to sign.

I think Ellis is the only guy we may lose if he seeks money but think we have enough young guys coming through like Naish who would replace him quickly.

Other than that its just the fringe guys who may be traded or moved on like
Aarts
Markov
Menadue
Moore
Townsend
Weller
Grigg - retired

Then will these guys get promoted to senior list ??

Stack - he already has with 2 year deal
Baker - You would say he already has as well with 2 year deal
Chol - Is the rule still there can only be on rookie list 3 years ? I think he has been on that long so sign him or cut, Id say we are promoting
Egg- Smith - He could go rookie again

Pickett you would think would be retained as a rookie although he is impressing them so may be put onto senior list.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
AFL website saying Pickett has already agreed to 1 year extension

Houli offered 1 year deal.

Out of contract: Jake Aarts, Shai Bolton, Dan Butler, Mabior Chol, Shane Edwards, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Brandon Ellis, Bachar Houli, Connor Menadue, Callum Moore, Patrick Naish, Ivan Soldo, Jacob Townsend, Maverick Weller

Reactions: Broadsword

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
I think for certain that Weller and Townsend will be gone. I know Ellis has suitors as does Butler and Moore.

Reactions: Broadsword

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
I think Ellis will go,he will get a long term deal with bigger money.
I heard somewhere today the Dockers where looking at Bolton,hmmm don't know how true that is,but with Ralph Carr as his manager lm sure he would be looking around for bigger money,same as Chol he's also with Carr.
I think Chol will be pushed back anyway,Soldo is going really well,and Coleman Jones will be pushing for a senior spot next year.

Townsend is a rookie so no need to delist him if they don't want to,l think Ellis will go ,and Menadue and Moore will go as well,will be interesting to see if Bolton stays as well as Chol.

Reactions: Vosstiger

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Rumours Blues have pulled their interest in Ellis

Another site claims McIntosh May look elsewhere but I think they are just assuming as he’s not in the team because he did sign a 2 year deal

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Blues are after Betts instead of Ellis
Wouldnt say instead of, 2 totally different players
Perhaps what they offered Ellis wasnt much more than what we have offered and he would prefer to stay or maybe the Gold Coasts offer is way more than theirs so they pulled out.

Now if he accepts more money with them but no success for the remainder of his career thats up to him.

Suns are also after Eddie and Ellis and Burgoyne looks 100% to be going to play for 2 years and then into coaching, Roughead also sort out over going to coach there and Saints want him also.

Saints are into anyone who moves which is strange since they dont have a coach.

There has been rumours we are into Brad Crouch but he is contracted and depends on the fallout of the crows, we have totally destroyed that club :p
They were so full of confidence that they were unbeatable and their stupid little stare down stance, the second we ran off on them doing that at start of the granny they were like lost little kittens then to belt them has mentally screwed them ever since, throw in the bullshit camp and there isnt too many players who like being at that club left
Cameron and Lever left
Eddie wants out
Jenkins wants out
Jacobs wants out
Keath is looking at options
Walker is a flog

Reactions: herky

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Eagles are making a big play for Shai Bolton, prob know they don’t have the right picks to make a deal for Tim Kelly and he will be Freo bound or stay a cat so now targeting Bolton

He’s prob close to being dropped too with not great form past few weeks so if dropped hope that’s not gonna help his decision

Reactions: Vosstiger

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
The strength of our indigenous program you would think will help with retention

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Fact is we are going to have to lose a few good players to keep us under salary cap and to meet the list management requirements.

Ellis will get an offer for far more than we can accommodate.
McIntosh will get more opportunities elsewhere, as will Menadue, Moore and Markov
Bolton obviously one to keep, but if his mind in on going back to WA and be closer to family then

Just keep recruiting, keep the ones we want (and the ones that want to stay) and trade the others out.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Fact is we are going to have to lose a few good players to keep us under salary cap and to meet the list management requirements.

Ellis will get an offer for far more than we can accommodate.
McIntosh will get more opportunities elsewhere, as will Menadue, Moore and Markov
Bolton obviously one to keep, but if his mind in on going back to WA and be closer to family then

Just keep recruiting, keep the ones we want (and the ones that want to stay) and trade the others out.

Ellis can go as is free agent
McIntosh signed 2 year deal this year
Menadue and Moore are uncontracted
Markov has a year to go

Bolton is prob the one to keep of all them, hes 20, hes learning, hes shows great signs and our best mids are late 20's to 30 now, so this kid should be peaking once they start retiring plus he can play forward.
He is one to retain.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Ellis can go as is free agent
McIntosh signed 2 year deal this year
Menadue and Moore are uncontracted
Markov has a year to go

Bolton is prob the one to keep of all them, hes 20, hes learning, hes shows great signs and our best mids are late 20's to 30 now, so this kid should be peaking once they start retiring plus he can play forward.
He is one to retain.
Agree with everything you are saying

Ellis as a free agent will only leave if the offer is massive. From reports he loves Richmond but he would be mad to pass up a significant offer elsewhere and reports are as much as $200,000 more. This type of contract brings the possible compo pick to an end of first round.
Yes McIntosh has a new contract but again if an attractive (in McIntosh's favour) offer came - and both parties agreed - then he could be traded.

We are going to need to cut three to make the AFL required minimum list deletions. Grigg has gone but Pickett already makes up for that. And in any normal years a proper list management would see 4/5/6 changes.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Butler toured the Blues facilities today, Im pretty sure hes gone not sure what they have to offer they have picks 11-38-47 and future picks.

11 will be no chance so looks like 38 if its a pick this year

Would they straight swap for Marchbank ? I dont mind him :p

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
Butler toured the Blues facilities today, Im pretty sure hes gone not sure what they have to offer they have picks 11-38-47 and future picks.

11 will be no chance so looks like 38 if its a pick this year

Would they straight swap for Marchbank ? I dont mind him :p
Would they entertain Butler and our pick #19 for their pick #12??

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Dan is popular at Richmond but has to look after himself as well. Be a walk up start at many clubs, and we are getting another Rioli minimum etc. One of Butler or Bolton will leave, don't think both when Jack Higgins will miss most of next year.

Reactions: Jools and colossus

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Dan is popular at Richmond but has to look after himself as well. Be a walk up start at many clubs, and we are getting another Rioli minimum etc. One of Butler or Bolton will leave, don't think both when Jack Higgins will miss most of next year.
Tell me more about more Riolis

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Reason most teams have lost interest in Brandon Ellis is rumour suns have made way too good of an offer for anyone to compete with to what he’s actually worth

I’d say chances are he’s a sun is 90% and 10% to stay for much less and be a tiger

Good news for us is more they pay him better compo we get

Reactions: Jools and Vosstiger

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
Just go easy with the details fellas....spies from outer space might read this thread.
Maurice jnr has all the skill's but will need to work on his fitness ,he should be more involved with the Oakleigh chargers in 2020,to be honest he look's a late pick or a rookie at this stage,but if he knuckles down and works hard on his fitness he could have a future in the Afl.
Xavier Naish is eligible this year,maybe a rookie chance ,but more likely he could get on our Vfl list,and that's a maybe.

We also might get a decent pick in 2020 from our NGA academy ,Ethan Baxter 193cm 80kg defender from Murray bushrangers,he looks alright and is part of the AIS academy .

I don't think Butler is out the door yet,named 1st emergency for today's match,he's a proven grand final player,Bolton will have to play well

Reactions: Jools and Vosstiger

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
The Suns have reportedly offered Ellis a 5 year deal apparently 600k a year, if he takes it we shoudl get an end of first round compo pick.

Bolton and Naish have signed on for another 2 years each.

Dan Butler will go to Carlton by reports for a 3rd rounder - Blues dont have many picks we are prob better off asking for next years 2nd pick

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
Carltank are linked to about 4 Jack Martin,Betts,Papley,Butler,,lm sure Papley and Martin will take priority .
I would love for us to get a early pick somehow for next year,@Vines Jackson Callow a key forward from Tassie,he reminds me of Jack,not real quick but strong mark and real smart at ground level.