Tiger Trade Talk

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

• ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Congratulations to Dion Prestia - 2019 Jack Dyer Medal winner

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Carltank are linked to about 4 Jack Martin,Betts,Papley,Butler,,lm sure Papley and Martin will take priority .
I would love for us to get a early pick somehow for next year,@Vines Jackson Callow a key forward from Tassie,he reminds me of Jack,not real quick but strong mark and real smart at ground level.

If we get pick 17-18-19 whatever it is and we get the Ellis compo which would be prob 20 maybe a team would prefer those 2 picks to grab academy players or father son and would trade their lower pick for our 2 later first round picks and a later pick back to us in return

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
With Houli re-signing

It leaves restricted free agent Brandon Ellis, Daniel Butler, Jacob Townsend, Connor Menadue, Callum Moore, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith and Mav Weller among Tigers out-of-contract.
An extension for veteran Shane Edwards is expected to be announced in coming days.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Not much going on with a prelim coming

We have been linked with Brad Crouch and Sam Powell Pepper.
There were quite a few crows players wanting out and now due to that Pyke has stood down and Walker relinquished the captaincy so those players may stay now or be happy with a new coach and stay ( Rumoured to be Scott Burns )

So we wait on Crouch's decision, he is contracted for next year but then becomes a free agent so if he wants out crows should trade him now
He wants a 5 year deal but crows wont budge so rumour is he wants out to get that deal.

Powell Pepper seems to have become stagnant at Power after a good first couple of year and he is contracted for 1 more year also but may want out.

Another option is Ah Chee from Suns who has told them he wants out, we were big on him in his draft year but was gone and we took Rioli, he is linked to the Lions but there are always many twists and turns in trade period.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
SPP is a butcher with the ball, please no.

I wouldnt say we have many if any elite users of the ball by foot, Dusty can be if right on but he can also be very off and drill one into the back of Chols head :p

His effiency is around same of Cotchin, Prestia, Martin
Hes 21 and can improve that

colossus

Listed Player
Sep 18, 2008
Crouch would be a great get if we can afford him in the salary cap.
We have 4 picks inside the top forty in the Draft, so lm not too fused if we trade for a player or not this year.
Another open draft this year,but the quality isn't too bad ,maybe with the exception of Key position player's ,but still a small amount of decent one's around.

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Crouch would be a great get if we can afford him in the salary cap.
We have 4 picks inside the top forty in the Draft, so lm not too fused if we trade for a player or not this year.
Another open draft this year,but the quality isn't too bad ,maybe with the exception of Key position player's ,but still a small amount of decent one's around.
It’s prob to do if Ellis goes as well to afford him

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Looks like B Ellis will join C Ellis and Miles at Gold Coast. Is throwing big money at B Ellis a wise move by the Suns, no is the answer, because better players are leaving the club.

And today the AFL announce sizeable draft concessions to the Suns, that will achieve similar to their previous generous draft concessions, which began a year before GWS started.

The lesson to learn from Richmond's past 40 years, is draft picks are useless if the culture at the club is poor. A more recent, in fact a current example is Carlton :D
The Sun's major issues lie off field. Fix that, and things can turn around very quickly, as Brisbane can attest.

I watch with interest what the AFL does to rectify the off field issues, because draft concessions to the Suns reeks of sacking the coach in Richmond's dark ages.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Hugh Greenwood from Adelaide also wants to go to Gold Coast, but Hawthorn is also interested.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Thought someone would Menadue would be playing ones at neatly every other club

Reactions: HKTiger

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
Edwards signed on for 2 years
Pickett 1 year ( pretty sure I said couple months ago he’d signed for a year not sure why they say it now )

Apparently we have put word out to Zac Jones if it doesn’t happen with saints he can come to us but not on what they were offering

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
McIntosh receiving interest from Freo and looking into his options

Can’t blame him, I’d be furious missing out on both grand finals too
He signed for 2 years earlier but looking at leaving

That’s Menadue and McIntosh they want

amigo

Listed Player
Mar 29, 2009
Considering all recent the byes we had, I don't know why KMac and Ross were withdrawn from the VFL grand final, the move made even more absurd given Pickett played and his playing won him selection in the AFL GF.

The only issue appears to be they didn't want to risk injury to them, but given our depth, with Menadue and Pickett in line too, seems nonsensical.

The football dept do not make many faux pas these days, but this was one.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Considering all recent the byes we had, I don't know why KMac and Ross were withdrawn from the VFL grand final, the move made even more absurd given Pickett played and his playing won him selection in the AFL GF.

The only issue appears to be they didn't want to risk injury to them, but given our depth, with Menadue and Pickett in line too, seems nonsensical.

The football dept do not make many faux pas these days, but this was one.
I disagree with this.
On the 6 day break, with uncertainty surrounding Graham and Broad, it was prudent to ensure there were a couple of fresh bodies.

Kmac has been overtaken in the best 22. Ross has a great future ahead of him.

Reactions: Jools

TigerHardwick

Listed Player
Sep 26, 2005
I disagree with this.
On the 6 day break, with uncertainty surrounding Graham and Broad, it was prudent to ensure there were a couple of fresh bodies.

Kmac has been overtaken in the best 22. Ross has a great future ahead of him.
Ensure there was a couple of fresh bodies by not selecting either and picking the guy who had played ?
Sorry Vines that makes no sense, and the VFL guys also had a bye 2 weeks before their granny so were plenty fresh.

Ross is young and knows more will come and he was an emergency but both especially McIntosh ( who I don’t rate that highly ) deserved to play in a grand final not bust their arses all year for nothing whilst every other guy on the list not injured gets to celebrate something.

If they chose one to replace Graham holding over the other incase Broad didn’t get up it would make more sense to the one missing out, to pull both guys incase then picking the guy who proved himself by playing then both do have the right to be very pissed off and it was a bad decision by our club.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
I can see both points of view @Vines is supported by the obvious facts that we won both VFL & AFL premierships and I agree with @TigerHardwick that it seemed pretty harsh to ask 2 players to not play in the VFL and then overlook them completely.
Still I think we can all agree that these issues are minuscule when compared to the long stretch we endured simply hoping that something would change and we would become successful.

I have always said a fish rots in the head, so I am happy to just trust our Leaders in these times of success and sit back and smile :):cool:

Dimatron

Recruit
Aug 5, 2019
Kergunyah
Looks like we get pick 39 for compo of Ellis going to gc. We have a few pics now end of 2nd round 38,39 and 40 atm potentially another one around that for butler if he gets a home with 3 or 4 clubs interested. He is a handy player but no longer in best 22. Those picks might be a nice package to bundle to get a pick in the low teens. I thought menadue would have been inline to take Ellis spot on the wing. Not sure we can lose to many of our runners eg Ellis menadue kmac as the run forward handball is our game.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
I can see both points of view @Vines is supported by the obvious facts that we won both VFL & AFL premierships and I agree with @TigerHardwick that it seemed pretty harsh to ask 2 players to not play in the VFL and then overlook them completely.
Still I think we can all agree that these issues are minuscule when compared to the long stretch we endured simply hoping that something would change and we would become successful.

I have always said a fish rots in the head, so I am happy to just trust our Leaders in these times of success and sit back and smile :):cool:
Yeah it looks bad given they picked the guy who played in the VFL...but the caveat is this: KMac played in 2017, and has since been overtaken in the best 22 (I have been a big supporter of his on this site mind you). And Ross is young and may get other opportunities.

Hindsight says just play them and pick the fittest and freshest but the harsh reality is, the club exists to win AFL flags NOT VFL flags. So, if pulling a couple guys out to ensure it gave us the best chance to win the AFL flag is what they decide to do then so be it.