United we Stand - vote for teams in Tasmania!

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • ✅ AFL Premiers 2019
    ✅ VFL Premiers 2019
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Men
    Thomson Dow (Bendigo Pioneers) Noah Cumberland (Brisbane Lions Academy)
    Will Martyn (Brisbane Lions Academy) Hugo Ralphsmith (Sandringham Dragons)
    Bigoa Nyuon (Dandenong Stingrays)
  • Welcome to Tigerland

AFL Women
    Sophie Molan (GWV Rebels) Laura McClelland (Eastern Ranges)
    Ella Wood (GMV Rebels) Sarah Sansonetti (Northern Knights)
    Holly Whitford (Melbourne University) Nekaela Butler (GWV Rebels)
    Cleo Saxon-Jones (Western Jets) Laura Bailey (Richmond VFLW)
    Emma Horne (Richmond VFLW) Kate Dempsey (Richmond VFLW)
    Ciara Fitzgerald (Northern Knights) Emily Harley (Oakleigh Chargers)
    Lauren Tesoriero (Richmond VFLW)
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
For over 100 years, Tasmania has been an AFL heartland. Now we have our best ever opportunity to finally get our own men's and women's sides, to protect and enhance the game we love—the game that does so much for our communities, all across the island.

But we need to stand up and make some noise. To get the AFL's attention, we need 50,000 Tasmanians to come together and join the cause. It doesn't matter if you don't live here—all you need is a love for Tassie, a passion for footy and a belief that we should have a team in the AFL.

It's time to show your colours. Throw your support behind Tasmania's bid for AFL and AFLW teams by making the pledge below. You can even pledge on behalf of your family members, so please don't forget about them. Every pledge counts!

Once you've demonstrated your support, make sure you share it with your friends by posting your pledge to Facebook or Twitter, or by sharing it with your email network. The wider we spread the message, the more pledges we'll get, and the stronger our message to the AFL will be.

Pledge your support by following the link below.

Vines

Site Immortal
Jun 9, 2008
Nup. Another AFL team dilutes the talent pool even further.
And I’ve said all along, not sure how united this state is now, let alone will be when the team gets flogged every week and mainland kids don’t wanna live in the little cold wet city on the 40th degree south...

It’s a no from me.

Vosstiger

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Nup. Another AFL team dilutes the talent pool even further.
And I’ve said all along, not sure how united this state is now, let alone will be when the team gets flogged every week and mainland kids don’t wanna live in the little cold wet city on the 40th degree south...

It’s a no from me.
Interesting point @Vines It has been a real problem uniting the North with the South but surely Tassie deserves a team. I always thought it would be via relocation. A lot of water under the bridge to go yet I fear.

Crusher

Site Immortal
Jan 15, 2008
Agree with the dilution thought.
A total relocation of North or Hawthorn, or folding of the Gold Coast experiment would seem to be better options.

Reactions: Coach and Vosstiger

honestjohn

Listed Player
Nov 25, 2011
They won't shut down the Suns, two teams per state is a beautiful scene from the Ivory towers of AFL House. Move Hawthorn down there, they already have Tasmania on their jumper