Y & B Website converts to HTTPS protocol

• Welcome to Yellow and Black Online. Registered Members gain access to tools and additional Forums designed to enhance your experience.
  • 2020 AFL Season has been suspended until at least May 31

• Join the Yellow and Black Tipping Competition. No prizes, just bragging rights :)

Visit Tipping Central and sign up to our Pool.
  • Coterie Membership premium membership package allows the subscriber to enjoy the site without any advertising, access to a private forum, "The Coterie Room" as well as some other extra tools that you can use on the forum.

Full information can be found here: Member Upgrades. I'll add more benefits as they are requested or as I think of them.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
As a result of Google enforcing the use of the HTTPS protocol for websites like Yellow and Black that store user passwords (see portion of article below), I have implemented this on the website immediately. If you encounter any issues as a result, please report in the Support Forum.

BTW: the favicon should reappear shortly :)

Google Is Requiring HTTPS for Secure Data in Chrome

Does your site collect sensitive visitor information such as passwords, credit card information, or personal data? If so, be warned: by the end of January 2017, Google Chrome will begin marking sites without HTTPS as non-secure. Put another way; Chrome will now require HTTPS for sites that collect sensitive information. If you have not done so already, protect your visitors and your site with an SSL certificate and migrate to HTTPS.

Read the Full Article

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
The HTTPS protocol still isn't being applied properly to the site.

You will be aware that my work on this earlier this week brought the site down. I still have to get this working so you may find that there will be more interruptions until I do get it right.

My apologies for this, but the site needs to be compliant.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Thought that I'd throw in a software upgrade as well. Sorry about that, but it was long overdue.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I have finished installing the Threadloom search engine. Once it has finished indexing, I'll switch it on and you should notice a much improved search performance.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
If l search "Richmond's 11th premiership" will it let me know how long l have to wait?

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
I've had major problems with this, it kept logging me out again on my phone. I think I have this fixed but I'm still having problems with my desktop using Firefox.

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
I've had major problems with this, it kept logging me out again on my phone. I think I have this fixed but I'm still having problems with my desktop using Firefox.
Have you tried clearing the cache?

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Yes. It logged me out after the last reply. I've closed the other window I had open, hopefully this time it works. I'll try a different browser on the desktop.

Jools

Staff member
Assistant Coach
Sep 24, 2007
Logged me off but showed me logged on on the forum page. I cleared the cache again and re entered my password.
I'm only having the issue on this site.

Edit: This time I checked the Keep Me Logged In box. Never done that before, it seems to be needed now.

Gracie

Site Immortal
Jun 1, 2005
I haven't had any problems using any of the devices accessing the site recently.

Admittedly it is on fulltime :)

Coach

Staff member
Coach
Foundation Member
Site Immortal
Jul 17, 2003
Threadloom search is now active. You now have some extra search tools such as the ability to search search results and to apply filters.